What makes fall so alluring is the lovely views. Fall means that the exquisite foliage is in full swing – with its yellow, red, and orange color schemes. People crave to find the best views around. Fortunately, with its woodsy wanderlust nature, North Central Massachusetts is the perfect destination spot to find a variety of breath taking views.
- Mount Wachusett – Princeton & Westminster, MA: Mount Wachusett State Reservation is one of Central Massachusetts largest destination spots, especially in the fall with its 17+ miles of trails with beautiful fall scenery and foliage views. Wachusett also hosts numerous fall events, like Applefest, and Oktoberfest!
- Coggshall Park – Fitchburg, MA: Coggshall Park is captivating in the fall months. With its sparkling pond surrounded by fall foliage, it is bound to be the perfect place to have a picnic with friends or go for a walk with the family! Just don’t forget the hot cider!
- The Midstate Trail – Central Massachusetts: The Mid-state Trail is perfect for fall, with its trails winding through 14 North Central Massachusetts Communities, and stretching its trails to even Rhode Island and New Hampshire. There is a ton of foliage views to check out! No matter where you are located in North Central there is definitely a slither of fall waiting to be scene!
- Fruitland Trails – Harvard, MA: These scenic fall trails cover over 2 miles of beautiful meadows, wetlands, woodlands, and pine barren. The charming trails become even more enchanting during the autumn months, when the reds, oranges and yellows make the trail environments pop.
- Lanni Orchards – Lunenburg, MA: Nothing says fall like apple picking and farm stands! While enjoying the fall foliage of the area, you can also enjoy fall activities with the family. Collect fresh crisp apples to take home to make a sweet apple pie to enjoy this fall.
- Hollis Hill Farm – Fitchburg, MA: There is no better way to enjoy the fall foliage than on a hay ride, or pumpkin picking! After, enjoy a tour of the maple sugar house, and even take some maple syrup home. Also, do no miss the farms Fall Harvest Festival on Columbus Day weekend and have a whole day of fall fun!
- Route 2 – Central MA: One of Massachusetts central highways running east to west, is also one of the best places to see fall foliage views. Running through beautiful towns, such as, Athol, Gardner, Fitchburg up to Worcester – there are numerous spots to see the crisp fall foliage in full blossom. Throw on some relaxing music, pick up a pumpkin spice latte, and coast down route 2, to see the captivating sites!
- Red Apple Farm – Phillipston, MA: A local fan favorite, Red apple Farm combines all of the best things about fall! With pick your own apples, pumpkins, blueberries, peaches, pears and potatoes, there is definitely something to bring home for the whole family! Also check out, Fall BBQs, hayrides, and farm animals!
- Mount Watatic – Ashburnham, MA: Looking for more fall foliage on the mountain trails? This 3-mile hike is flawless for anyone looking for a moderate hike that still has stunning fall views from the peek, but not as challenging as some larger mountains.